Gmail is a great work tool, so take advantage of all these tricks for Gmail on the Desktop that we have prepared for you. Enters!
There are a great variety of email messaging platformsHowever, one of the most popular is Gmail. And it is that over time, the company has dedicated itself to creating a ecosystem with its applications really efficient and very profitable.
So much so, that thanks to Gmail today it is possible sync any application developed by Google, and although the objective of Gmail is to receive and send emails and start conversations in real time with Hangouts, you can also expand system features and functions.
Now, if you want to know the best 8 tricks for Gmail on the Desktop to optimize its operation and get the most out of it, do not hesitate to try what you will see below. Let’s get started!
These are the best tricks for Gmail on Desktop
If you are one of the users who invest a lot of time using the platform, then you should take into account some tricks to use Gmail. They will surely be very useful to improve productivity, Try them!
Protect your account against hackers
What internet consumer you must take into account the importance of Informatic security, especially when it comes to your email, since this system works like a database that stores private, personal and important information.
Therefore, the best way to protect your email it is through the two factor authenticationOnly then will you be able to enter your email using a code that only you will receive on your mobile, thus preventing the entry of intruders. To activate the function follow these steps:
- Log in to your email and click “Manage Google account”.
- In the left panel click on “Security”.
- After this in the section of Access to Google, click on “Two-step verification”.
- Click on “Start” and it will immediately show the name of the mobile phone linked to your account, click on “Continue”.
- You must write the phone number and select if you want to receive a text message or a call, click “Send”
- Now write the security code, click on “Next” and finally in “Activate”.
Block spam messages
Receiving spam messages for many users is somewhat uncomfortable, and despite the fact that Gmail It has a special section for this type of spam, some tend to sneak into the main tray. For permanently block these types of emails and the sender, it is necessary to follow the following steps:
- There are 3 trays in Gmail, which are “Main”, “Social” and “Promotions”. Select the one where the email message (s) you want to block is located.
- Then open one of the spam emails and click on the three vertical points displayed in the right corner of the screen.
- Look for the option “Block to … and ready.
Controlling the number of emails received may be quite a difficult task, however, filter emails It’s quite easy, only then can you have control of what you want to see in the first place. To do this, follow the instructions below:
- Click on the gear icon and click on the option See all settings
- Then click on the option “Filters and blocked addresses” and then “Create a new filter”.
- It will show a fairly intuitive form, which you must fill out to your liking, you can put emails, keywords, among other things.
Undo sent messages
Have you ever sent an email by mistake? If you want to undo the action in time, please apply this gmail trick. It is a system configuration which gives you around 5 seconds to reject the shipment. This is what you should do:
- Click on the gear icon and then click on the option “See all settings”.
- In section “General” locate the option “Undo the submission”.
- Finally select the cancellation period between 5-10-20 or 30 seconds and at the end press “Save Changes”.
This has been a feasible way to maintain organized your emails and significant time savings. Without a doubt, one of the best tricks for Gmail on Desktop that you have to try.
Thanks to google ecosystem, it is possible to have access in the emails to the smart writing. This means that the system is capable of detecting the words when writing an email, just as it happens with instant messaging dictionaries.
He himself is capable of save keywords most used by the user (characters, places, phone numbers and more). This trick is found automatically enabled in all Gmail emails.
Receive notifications of a new message
Maybe one of the negative points that Gmail currently has is that it does not emit sounds to announce received messages. However, there is a trick for Gmail on Desktop which enables show notification in browser tab. Follow these steps to activate it:
- Click on the gear icon and click on the option “See all settings”.
- Then click on the option “Advanced” and finally locate the option unread messages icon.
- Now click on “Enable” and later “Save Changes”.
Enable unique keybindings
The computer shortcuts are very useful, improve the user productivity exponentially and of course Gmail it has not been left behind. To know the exact keys of the shortcuts you must follow these steps:
- Click on the gear icon and click on “See all settings”.
- Look for the option “Key combinations” and click on the option “Activated key combinations”. Last but not least, click on “Save Changes”.
Hide Google Meet and Google Chat links
Currently the use of video calling platforms such as Zoom, Slack, Microsoft Teams…, They have become very popular, and as expected, Google has implemented by default some similar platform shortcuts. If it bothers you to have these links on the left side of the screen, there is a special trick to hide it.
- Click on the gear icon and click on “See all settings”.
- Locate the option “Chat and Meet”, click on it and then “To disable”. Save the changes and that’s it.
We hope that these 8 tricks for Gmail on Desktop works for you and makes you enjoy a better experience with the email service: Gmail.
Follow us on Instagram @ andro4allcom
Join our Telegram channel @ Andro4all
Follow us on Facebook andro4all